CPD-Accredited Webinar | Spotlight on Muscle Stem Cells
October 5 @ 17:00 - 18:00 EDT
the Neuromuscular Disease Network for Canada (NMD4C) and Muscular Dystrophy Canada (MDC) are pleased to invite you to a CPD-accredited webinar on muscle stem cells.
This webinar is primarily targeted at Canadian clinicians, academics, and trainees with an interest in neuromuscular disease.
Speakers & Learning Objectives:
Dr. Michael Rudnicki: Muscle stem cell dysfunction in DMD
Dr. Penney Gilbert: Pre-clinical culture models of human neuromuscular disorders
Dr. Marine Theret: Muscle stem cell behaviour is regulated by extrinsic cues
Dr. Natasha Chang
- Gain insight into the role played by muscle stem cells in the pathophysiology of neuromuscular disease.
- Understand the approaches that can be undertaken to alleviate muscle stem cell dysfunction in DMD.
- Learn about next-generation humanized skeletal muscle culture models
- Gain awareness of the advantages and limitations of 3D culture models
- Skeletal muscle repair is a coordinated system with multiple players
- Muscle stem cell fate is entangled in the well-behaviour of other cells
NMD4C and MDC are providing organizational and technical support. This is a clinical/academic webinar series supported by Sanofi-Genzyme; There is no involvement and influence from the industry on program content.
The NMD Rounds & Educational Webinars is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
If you have any questions, please email .