The Neuromuscular Disease Network for Canada (NMD4C) is seeking applications for the position of Knowledge Translation (KT) Coordinator. (1 day a week with potential to work on other projects). Working with the network’s Knowledge Translation Team, the coordinator will support the development, dissemination, and implementation of KT products tailored to various audiences to raise the standard of care for neuromuscular diseases (NMD) and improve access to NMD therapies across Canada.
ROLE OF THE KNOWLEDGE TRANSLATION COORDINATOR
- Find, organize, and clarify evidence from research and clinical contexts.
- Connect with key partners, experts, practitioners, community representatives and stakeholders to create products which will share evidence, knowledge, and best practice for a variety of audiences.
- Design and guide strategies to evidence use.
- Support the NMD4C team in the creation and dissemination of KT products including clinical care guidelines.
- Background in healthcare, preferably having a master or doctoral degree in the fields of genetics, medicine, or rehabilitation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (bilingualism is considered an asset).
- Applications will only be considered from those that are eligible to work in Canada.
- Experience in designing communication products including infographics, research publications, whitepapers, and other copy.
- Prior experience and/or training in knowledge translation.
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences, including researchers, clinicians and lay public.
TERM & SALARY
- Competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Part-time position (1 day/week)
- Contract length: 1 year.
- This is a remote position.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter with a description of previous and current research, and how your skillset fits the profile of this position.
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2‐3 samples of scholarly writing (published, under review or in preparation where you are the first author) and/or knowledge translation products.
- The name of 2 references.
Please send the application package by email to .
The selection process will begin immediately after the closing date and will continue until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.