- Nov 07 2023
- 17:00 - 18:00
CPD-Accredited | Toward therapies for Friedreich ataxia
NMD4C together with Muscular Dystrophy Canada (MDC) are pleased to invite you to a webinar Towards therapies for Friedrich ataxia. This webinar is primarily targeted at Canadian clinicians, academics, and trainees with an interest in neuromuscular disease.
Date: Tuesday November 7th (5-6 pm ET)
Chair: Dr. Massimo Pandolfo | Professor, Dept. of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University and Co-Director, Clinical Research Unit, The Neuro
Potential therapeutics for Friedreich ataxia: what is in the pipeline
- Dr. Massimo Pandolfo
Background in Friedreich ataxia: The role of genetics, clinical features and natural history in facilitating therapeutic development
- Dr. David Lynch | Neurologist in the Division of Neurology at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Director, Friedreich’s Ataxia Program:
- To become familiar with the genetics, pathology, clinical features of FA.
- To learn about the natural history of FA, outcome measures and biomarkers for use in clinical trials.
- To know the therapeutic approaches under study for FA.
- To understand opportunities and challenges in the development of gene therapies for FA.
NMD4C and MDC are providing organizational and technical support. This is an independent clinical/academic webinar with no industry sponsorship or influence.
The NMD Rounds & Educational Webinars is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
If you have any questions, please email .