April 2022 Newsletter
The April 2022 issue of the NMD4C newsletter is now available!
Read about our plans with MDC for a community of practice for allied healthcare professionals, a new infographic "Consensus-Based Care Recommendations for Children with Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1 (DM1)" from the Knowledge Translation team, and an introduction to the student-led Myogenesis Discussion Group! Plus job opportunities, events, new research, member spotlights and more!
New Research from NMD4C Participants
An international comparative analysis of public reimbursement of orphan drugs in Canadian provinces compared to European countries
- Leanne Ward, with Dr. Craig Campbell (NMD4C) as a co-author.
Multicenter Consensus Approach to Evaluation of Neonatal Hypotonia in the Genomic Era: A Review
- Sarah Morton, with Dr. James Dowling (NMD4C) as a co-author.
Defining cognitive impairment in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: an evaluation of empirical approaches
- Corey McMillan, with Drs. Lawrence Korngut & Christen Shoesmith (NMD4C) as co-authors.
Development of a standard of care for patients with valosin-containing protein associated multisystem proteinopathy
- Manisha Korb, with Dr. Gerald Pfeffer (NMD4C) as a co-author.
What is Known About Muscle Strength Reference Values for Adults Measured by Hand-Held Dynamometry: A Scoping Review
- Marika Morin with Dr. Elise Duchesne (NMD4C) as a co-author.
Characterization of a novel zebrafish model of SPEG-related centronuclear myopathy
- Karla Espinosa with Drs. Mo Zhao & James Dowling (NMD4C) as co-authors.
Genitourinary and lower gastrointestinal conditions in patients with myotonic dystrophy type 1: A systematic review of evidence and implications for clinical practice
- Isabelle Fisette-Paulhus, with Dr. Cynthia Gagnon (NMD4C) as a co-author.
Cathepsin D as biomarker in CSF of nusinersen-treated patients with spinal muscular atrophy
- David Schorling, with Dr. Hanns Lochmüller (NMD4C) as a co-author.
Join the NMD4C