- Apr 04 2023
- 17:00 - 18:00
CPD-Accredited Webinar | Advances in non-5q SMA, Motor Nerve and Neuron Disorders
The Neuromuscular Disease Network for Canada (NMD4C) together with Muscular Dystrophy Canada (MDC) are pleased to invite you to a webinar on advances in non-5q SMA, motor nerve and neuron disorders.
This webinar is primarily targeted at Canadian clinicians, academics, and trainees with an interest in neuromuscular disease. NMD4C and MDC are providing organizational and technical support. This is an independent clinical/academic webinar.
Dr. Hugh McMillan, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa and Pediatric Neurologist and Neuromuscular specialist at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
COQ7: a newly identified cause of motor neuropathy
- Dr. Hugh McMillan
- Dr. Chantal Pileggi, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at uOttawa
Translating Gene Therapy from Benchside to Bedside for SMARD1/CMT2S
- Dr. Shibi Likhite, Research Scientist at Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Discuss the increasing number of genes linked with motor neuron and motor nerve disorders
- Review COQ7 as a newly identified cause of motor neuropathy
- Understand the steps from preclinical research to a clinical trial initiation for IGHMBP2-related disorders
If you have any questions, please email
The NMD Rounds & Educational Webinars is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.