- May 03 2022
- 17:00 - 18:00
CPD-Accredited Webinar | Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy vs Mimics: Highlights of Genomics, Imaging and Pathology
The Neuromuscular Disease Network for Canada (NMD4C) and Muscular Dystrophy Canada (MDC) are pleased to invite you to a webinar on Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy (LGMD) vs Mimics: Highlights of Genomics, Imaging and Pathology. This webinar is primarily targeted at Canadian clinicians, academics, and trainees with an interest in neuromuscular disease. NMD4C and MDC are providing organizational and technical support.
- Dr. Jodi Warman Chardon: Muscle MRI Imaging in LGMD vs Mimics
- Dr. Erin O’Ferrall: Muscle pathology in LGMDs
- Dr. Gerald Pfeffer: Approach to LGMD genetics
- Discuss novel genomics updates in LGMD diagnosis
- Highlight imaging features to differentiate LGMD vs mimics (acquired/treatable myopathies).
- Describe features of myositis that can also be seen in LGMD
- Identify the common LGMDs that can demonstrate inflammation on muscle biopsy
The NMD Rounds & Educational Webinars is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.