- Jan 09 2024
- 17:00 - 18:00
CPD-Accredited | Understanding the molecular mechanisms of DM1 to develop therapeutic strategies
Together with Muscular Dystrophy Canada (MDC) we are pleased to invite you to our CPD-Accredited webinar ‘Understanding the molecular mechanisms of Myotonic dystrophy Type 1 to develop therapeutic strategies’. This webinar is primarily targeted at Canadian clinicians, academics, and trainees with an interest in neuromuscular disease.
- Dr. Élise Duchesne
- Dr. Nicolas Dumont: Muscle stem cell defects in Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1: physiopathology and therapeutic avenues
- Dr. Vladimir Ljubicic: Exercise is muscle mitochondrial medicine in DM1
- Myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1).
- The extent of skeletal muscle impairments experienced by individuals living with DM1.
- The fundamental molecular mechanisms that underlie this disease.
- Present and future therapeutic avenues for addressing muscular impairments in DM1.
NMD4C and MDC are providing organizational and technical support. This is an independent clinical/academic webinar with no industry sponsorship or influence. The NMD Rounds & Educational Webinars is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.