CPD-accredited webinar | Diagnostic techniques for genetic neuromuscular diseases
NMD4C and Muscular Dystrophy Canada (MDC) are pleased to invite you to a webinar on diagnostic techniques for genetic neuromuscular diseases.
This webinar is CPD-accredited. The NMD Rounds & Educational Webinars is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
This webinar is primarily targeted at Canadian clinicians, academics and trainees with an interest in neuromuscular disease. NMD4C and MDC are providing organizational and technical support, and this is an independent clinical/academic webinar with no industry sponsorship.
Tuesday, November 3rd at 5:00pm EST
- Muscle MRI transforming care and research in genetic muscle disease — Dr. Jodi Warman Chardon (NMD4C Steering Committee member)
- Use of Ultrasound in Pediatric Neuromuscular Disorders — Dr. Jean Mah
- Still Gold: the Ongoing Need for Muscle Biopsies in the Molecular Age — Dr. Leslie Hamilton (NMD4C member)
- Highlight diagnostic techniques (Muscle Biopsy, Neuromuscular Ultrasound, Muscle MRI) to improve phenotyping for patients with genetic neuromuscular disease
- Develop a biopsy-based diagnostic approach in the genomics era with myopathies/muscular dystrophies
- Recognize clinical applications of neuromuscular ultrasound and diagnostic value in muscle and nerve disorders
- Identify Muscle MRI patterns to guide genetic testing interpretation and myopathy mimics