- Jul 05 2022
- 17:00 - 18:00
- Recording Available
Patient-Oriented Research: Building Patient and Researcher Capacity
The Neuromuscular Disease Network for Canada (NMD4C) and Muscular Dystrophy Canada (MDC) are pleased to invite you to a webinar on patient engagement in research. This webinar is primarily targeted at Canadian clinicians, academics, and trainees with an interest in neuromuscular disease.
Watch a recording of Patient-Oriented Research: Building Patient and Researcher Capacity
Dr. Kathy Selby
Speakers & Agenda:
- Patricia Mortenson: Introduction of Patient Engagement, POR, SPOR and Benefits; Important Resources & Trainings
- Dr. Cynthia Gagnon: Perspective from a clinical researcher – examples of projects to date and benefits
- Corinne Kagan, Linda Niksic: Patient Engagement 101 – where to start?
- Describe the patient-oriented research (POR) approach
- Consider key elements in developing a patient engagement plan for an NMD project
- Locate important resources and training to support a POR project
NMD4C and MDC are providing organizational and technical support. There is no involvement and influence from industry. The NMD Rounds & Educational Webinars is a self-approved group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
If you have any questions, please email Patricia Mortenson at .